Looking for Zurich Apartment Rental

Jan 20th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Looking for Zurich Apartment Rental

I'm planning to go to Switzerland for a week in April with my husband and 2 children, ages 10 and 12. I want to rent an apartment in Zurich, near a S-Bahn station since we will have swiss pass,and hopefully not too far from the city. Could you recommend a good rental agency? So far I found areas like Oerlikon, Wiedikon, Friesengerg and Enge. What are these neighborhoods like? is there any area I should avoid? I'll appreciate your reply.
Jan 20th, 2006, 07:38 AM

Hi prms,

I'm sorry, I don't have a specific apartment to recommend to you --

But I do want to encourage you to broaden your base-city choice to Luzern. Luzern sits at the base of four lakes, with mountains spilling down into them. It's very scenic and very close to mountains. It's only an hour from Zuerich by train, and more central for excursions all over the country.

As nice as the city of Zuerich is, it's still a city; Switzerland is best known for its beautiful country scenery, not its cities!

Anyway, try the www.interhome.ch site to find apartments (I've never used it for Zuerich, so I don't know what the pickings are there). You may also have some luck with a b&b if they have two rooms in the house, so try www.bnb.ch.

Good luck!

s

Search this Thread