Looking for Vienna budget hotels

May 27th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Original Poster

Looking for Vienna budget hotels

Can anyone suggest a budget hotel in Vienna. Can spend 80 EURO a nite. Need double including breakfast and taxes. Would like to be in old center or within walking distance. Thanks Barb
May 27th, 2006, 03:53 PM

I suggest using www.venere.com for locating a hotel. I checked on the rate for the hotel we stayed in last summer. Unfortunately, it was more than you wanted to spend, but if you find that your budget allows more, I would recommend the Hotel Austria.

Some of the perks were free bicycles, internet and a great breakfast.

I feel that they bent over backwards to accomodate all of our wishes.

May 27th, 2006, 04:18 PM

Don't overlook Priceline. Someone got the Marriott Center for $97 recently, as posted on biddingfortravel.com. Yes, after tax and fees, it'll be a little over your budget, and no breakfast, but the room will be much nicer than you can find othewise for that money.
May 28th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Syl

We were at Schweizer Pension on Heinrichgasse. Cost us 80 euros a night in October. Good breakfast, clean room (on the small side)with private bathroom. Location makes up for it. Close to subway stations & tram line as it's located within the Ringstrasse in university area. Recommended by Rick Steves & Lonely Planet.
May 28th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Original Poster

Thank for the replies. I have checked Venere.com and have emailed Schweizer Pension. Hopefully, something in my price range will turn up.
May 28th, 2006, 10:44 PM

We're staying at Pension Lerner this fall. They promptly answered my e-mail and checked out well on TripAdvisor and Virtual Tourist. 80 euros for 2. Look at their website. Happy travels!!
May 29th, 2006, 04:38 AM

Eurocheapo dot com is an excellent source for budget accomodations.

We stayed at Pension Dr. Geissler near Schwedenplatz. We had a shared toilet, sink in room and shower on another floor. The staff was friendly and accomodating.

Good location for both trams, underground and walking.
May 29th, 2006, 07:58 AM

Used priceline for both Vienna and Budapest for trip in Sept. Meridien for both Vienna $95. us and Budapest $108.us well worth giving it a try....
May 29th, 2006, 10:30 AM

Priceline is a great option for the larger cities. WE have used for Berlin, Vienna and London and have been so pleased.