Looking for tour company in Italy.

Old Dec 8th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for tour company in Italy.

Going to be in Rome for a few days .Has anyone had an experience with a tour company they liked or did not like? Thinking of using "When in rome tours" has anyone used them? www.wheninrometours.com
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 03:20 PM

We booked a half day tour thru Viator. It was fine and you might look at their website.

A lot of folks that frequent this website spend a little more and use a private tour guide. ContextRome comes to mind. Depending on the size of your group this might not be terribly expensive.
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 03:21 PM

Hello, I used a great company called Benvenuto Limos The reason they were so great was because from the moment I emailed them their responses were timely, professional and I felt assured I would have a good time on arrival. They actually kept up this great service until the time we left. The driver was excellent, Guide in rome GREAT and cars were very new and clean. You can email them at [email protected]. I wish you a very successful trip to Rome.
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 03:30 PM

Why anyone would use a limoiusine service based on the Amalfi Coast - Benvenuto Limousine Service in Praiano - to tour Rome is beyond me.

Benvenuto obviously "farms it out" to a service in Rome and adds its cut.

Find a service in Rome.
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Uma

We used ContextRome for our tour of the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's, and Daniella Hunt (Mirabilia Urbis Tours - www.rome-tours.com )for the Colosseum and Forum. Recommend both - especially Daniella.
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 06:35 PM

I would highly recommend Context Rome for any tours! We have booked 3 tours with them and were very satisfied! The Antica Rome ( Colosseum and Forum) was spectacular as well as the Vatican tour........
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 07:37 PM

I just returned from Rome. I used Context and loved them. Every tour was very well organized. They will create privaate itineraries for you if nothing fits your interests. The regular groups never have more than 6 people.