Reload this Page >

Looking for the perfect spot to stay in Zermatt

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2000, 03:59 PM
Diane Moll

We will be in Zermatt for one or two nights the latter part of May. We have stayed at both the Butterfly and the Hotel Couronne in the past and enjoyed our stay but we are looking for something extra special for our visit this coming May, great view and very Swiss. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you Diane Moll.

Old Feb 27th, 2000, 04:53 PM
Ed

The Whymper Suite in the classic Zermatt hotel, the Monte Rosa, is excellent. You do have a view of the Matterhorn from there. A bit more expensive than the Butterfly. Also, it may not be open in May. <BR> <BR>More info at www.twenj.com/swisshtl.htm <BR> <BR>Rome.Switzerland.Bavaria <BR>www.twenj.com

Old Feb 27th, 2000, 05:00 PM
Patrick

We stayed a few years ago at Hotel Julen and will stay there again in July. Rooms have balcony facing the Matterhorn and were beautifully decorated, although they tell me they have just redone all the rooms in a more traditional and authentic style. We were disappointed before as they only did half board and we prefer "eating around", but the food, restaurant, and service were all wonderful. Now I understand they will credit you back if you do not eat the evening meal there. It is part of the "Romantik Hotel" group, but we booked directly with them by email and saved money from the Romantik quote.

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 01:43 AM
Norbert Mathieu

A new 5 star hotel called 'Into-the-Hotel' (http://www.into-the-hotel.ch)just opened. It seems to be really special and had a massive press and tv coverage here in Switzerland this week. <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 08:39 PM
carolyn

Diane, <BR>This past summer my Mom, sister and I took the train into Zermatt not knowing where we would stay. Walking into town, we passed the Zermatterhof, a 5 star hotel. On a lark, we thought we'd give it a try. To make a long story short, we were shown an upgraded room at a reduced price and fell in love with the hotel within 5 minutes! We too had a small balcony with a view of the Matterhorn, gorgeous wood paneling and crown moulding in the room, etc. We had dinner in the dining room and were treated like queens. Breakfast in the same room the next morning was wonderful as well. We never even got to see the spa/pool! The hotel is in the middle of town on the main street. We definitely would have stayed another night if we had not had tickets for the Glacier Express! This hotel is over 100 years old and is really beautiful. We've stayed in many nice hotels before, but this will always be one of our most favorite; ambiance, attentive staff, great location, gorgeous rooms, etc!! <BR> <BR>If you can afford it, I would go for the Grand Zermatterhoff.