Looking for suggestions

Feb 27th, 1999, 02:23 PM
Jerry MG

Looking for suggestions

I will be in Frankfurt from the 6th to the 17th. My travel mate wants to go to Rome to see the sisteen chapel. I don't want to spend more than a day there. I am interested in the sights of Vatican city. I don't think I am interested in anything else. I am thinking getting one of those 3 Train days - 2 Rental car day packages. It seems to be a good deal.

Firstly, I don't know if an overnight passage would count as two days. Secondly, can you leave the car in another country?

Any suggestions on a route. I think I would like to see a bit of southern France. I think I would like to see a bit of Switzerland.

We'll do some of the standard things like visiting Neuswanstein (sp?) Rhine cruise etc. I'd like to visit Heidelburg. I've heard that is a beautiful town.

I am concerned about trying to do too much. What should we concentrate on?

I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'll continue to read this forum.

Thanks,
Jerry

Feb 28th, 1999, 06:09 AM
Ann Lloyd

While Frankfurt and Rome don't seem far apart to a Canadian, I don't think you should combine them on a ten day trip. Getting there will take a long time, unless you fly, and there are so many other things to see, closer. Go to Munich or Berlin, or Paris if you want to hit another country. Definitely see Newschwanstein (sp?),it is beautiful.

Search this Thread