Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for rooms in Agios Prokopios Naxos

Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 08:26 PM
Original Poster

Hi! What are some nice rooms in Agios Prokopios Beach or Agia Anna Beach in Naxos?

Thanks,
Sevi
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 06:51 AM
wug

We stayed at Birikos in Agios Prokopios last summer and LOVED it! If you do a search for my name you can find my trip report. It's not right on the beach but just a short walk. It is owned and run by the Birikos family who are wonderful. Very inexpensive and incredibly clean. We had a two bedroom superior apartment and our friends had a studio with a kitchenette.

Old Jan 24th, 2007, 06:53 AM
wug

Just in case it's hard to find. The topic of my trip report is "Delayed Trip Report - Athens, Santorini, Mykonos, Naxos, Antiparos"

Old Jan 24th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. I saw the website for Birikos. I am worried it may be a little expensive. We really are not interested in a pool, do yuo know of any hotel or rooms for rent in the same are for less? Thanks!

We found some rooms but I am not sure if their location is nice. It is called Astra Apartments. Heard of it?
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 11:47 AM
wug

Hi

When are you going? We only paid 55 Euro for the two bedroom and our friends paid 28 Euro for the studio. I know the prices aren't listed on the site but don't let that scare you off. They ave very reasonable.

I found Astra Apartments in Naxos but there were no prices on their site either so I'm not sure what your budget is. I believe I know where they are and it's fine for a location. I think they are among a lot of the apartments, etc. near the beach. Birikos is a bit farther up the road from the beach but set off by itself.
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

I am going for 4 nights July 30-August 3. We were going to book with Astra Apartments but then I read some comments that some hotel rooms are cheap because they are near salt marshes and I got nervous... So I just want to make sure Astra Apts. is in a nice location, we dont mind if their rooms are not super- were hardly going to be inside. Location! Location! LocatioN! LoL We just want to be near Agios Prokopios Beach- the nice parts! No gimmicks.