Looking for Rome apartment for family of 5 for 3-night stay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 04:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to find an apartment in the P.Navona/Pantheon/Campo de'Fiori area for my family of 5, for a planned 3-night stay in October. I've been looking over a few online sites, but was wondering if anyone here might have a firsthand experience or suggestion.

Thank you
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 05:16 AM

Hi LuluG,

We are staying in a self catering apartment that is about a 10 minute bus ride to the Vatican. The site is www.homelidays.com. Go into the area where is says modify your search and scroll down to the bottom to where is says Property Reference Number, type in 19151. This is the apartment where we are staying. The woman who rents it out has been incredibly helpful! Prices are great. I would suggest reading the testimonials as well. Good Luck.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 10:50 PM

Hi lulu,
i have booked an apartment and a bed & breakfast for my upcoming trip in Rome in www.sleepinitaly.com
Check it out, because they have great prices!
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 04:39 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I also rented through Sleepinitaly.com with no problems.
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 05:43 AM

or try http://www.bbroma.it/homeing.htm
It is the first web site of the B&B in accommodations in all the areas of Rome and for all the demands.
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 06:09 AM

Stayed in this apartment last September and was very pleased with the apartment and wonderful terrace as well as the agency we rented from. It was just across the Ponte Sisto bridge in Trastevere.
http://www.realrome.com/propbologna.html
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 09:01 AM

The Santa CHiara hotel has 1 apartment type accommodation. I didn't stay in it, but it was down the hall from us (we had a regular quad), and a family of 5 was staying in it at the time. I believe it has a kitchen area and a patio. Santa CHiara is located behind the Pantheon.
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 09:18 AM

I'll be using Real Rome in May. I've used Underground Viaggi in the past. And I'd considered both sleepinitaly and Roman Reference; they both get good reviews on slowtrav.com.

Sorry, I don't have a particular apartment to recommend as I've never rented for a family of five.
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 09:46 AM

Hi LuluG--
I have just returned from Italy and would highly recommend our Rome apartment. It was located near Piazza Navona and was within walking distance to everywhere we went. Campo de'Fiori was a 5 minute walk, and a great place to stock up the apartment with fresh fruits and veggies. The website is www.palazzo-olivia.it
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 09:49 AM

I can recommend an apt. right at the Spanish Steps that we used, which was roomy enough for the whole family.
www.internazionaledomus.com/
These apts are a bit more expensive than others, but the location and the view looking out on the Steps can't be beat.

Old Apr 5th, 2005, 11:48 AM

Hi LuluG: Thanks for replying to my post earlier! I've looked at the website and it seems really nice. I was also reading the replies from other people regarding your post- i have to agree with cristine and nikki. sleepinitaly.com have been extremely halpful regarding my apartment booking. i'm planning on staying in dell'orso. purgaowner is also right about bbroma.com. it's a good website. i've also heard many good things about palazzo olivia and was considering renting an apartment there, but it's too much money, especially for the top floor (which sleeps about 5-6 people). but it's very beautiful/and near many shops. you may also want to try b-b.org. they too have been responsive. anyway, hope that helps!
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 05:32 PM

A couple of summers ago, my family of 5 stayed in an apartment near the Vatican. It was terrific! No cooking facility, but wonderful air-conditioning. However,you might not need that in October. It was reasonably priced at 150 Euros per night. If interested, Google: independent apartment Properzio
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 05:52 PM

sleepinitaly: they were good and we stayed in campo dei fiori. take a look at rentalinrome.com as they also offer good flats...haven't used them but they have a lot of corporate clients. i think i'd personally try them first when i'm going to rome again.