Looking for Romantic Lisbon Restaurants

Aug 9th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Looking for Romantic Lisbon Restaurants

I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend while we're in Lisbon. I'm looking for a nice restaurant to take her to that would be romantic. Also, if anyone knows of a good place to pop the question that would also be helpful. I've never been over there so I'm kind of clueless.

Thank you for the help.
Aug 10th, 2005, 03:10 AM

We had a lovely dinner at Casa da Comida, an old established restaurant in Lisbon. It had an open courtyard and we sat beneath an enormous pineapple type palm tree with lovely Portugese blue tiled fountains dripping water discreetly in the background. Food was excellent. while expensive by Portugese standards, it was quite reasonable by US standards. As I said, this is a well-established restaurant so I'm sure your hotel can book you for the big dinner. Enjoy.
Aug 11th, 2005, 01:29 AM

Maybe not 'romantic,' but ... I like la Portugalia: the one on the Quay about 300 m west of the Cais do Sodre ferry terminal. A nice view of the Tagus and the 25 April Bridge; and lunch is not too expensive and very good. There are several other la Portugalia restaurants in Lisbon.

In the Sagres building (ground floor) there's a small restaurant that seems to specialize in Mariscos: great, if you like shrimp or other shellfish.

Search this Thread