Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Looking for romantic hotel with a view of Notre Dame or Eiffel Tower

Looking for romantic hotel with a view of Notre Dame or Eiffel Tower

Sep 10th, 2000, 05:42 PM
Mallu

Looking for romantic hotel with a view of Notre Dame or Eiffel Tower

i would be visiting Paris in November with my wife and would like to know of any romantic/character hotels having views of Notre Dame or Eiffel Tower ?

Sep 11th, 2000, 04:18 AM
elaine

Hi
I'm not sure what your budget is or what amenities you require, but here are just a few hotels (praised in this forum, among many other places) which have at least some rooms with views:
In the 5th, Familia, Jardins du Luxembourg (not the same as the hotel Luxembourg),Esmeralda,Parc Saint Severin. In the 6th, Le Regent is one.
In the 7th,Leveque,Muguet.
For more information on these hotels, you can search this forum for each, check a guidebook Fodors or "Cheap Sleeps in Paris", or look for comments from past hotel guests at
www.paris.org or www.hotelboulevard.com

Sep 11th, 2000, 08:05 AM

Sep 11th, 2000, 08:06 AM
mallu

Thanks Elaine ....

My budget is less than $150/night.

Sep 11th, 2000, 09:38 AM
elaine

Most of the above fit that price I think, with possible exceptions of le Regent and Parc Severin.
If you would like to see my Paris notes, feel free to email

Sep 12th, 2000, 05:37 AM
elaine

For George

Sep 14th, 2000, 08:08 PM
tp

Sep 17th, 2000, 03:26 AM
tp

Sep 17th, 2000, 03:09 PM
Joanna

If you don't mind a room that's a bit ancient and creaky, the Esmeralda fits the bill. Reasonably inexpensive for a fantastic view of Notre Dame (but remember to ask for a room with a view when booking). Please bear in mind this is a 'no frills' hotel. I would like to emphasize the word 'old', as parts of this hotel are four hundred years old. If you get one of the annex rooms, it's more like an experience of having your own, very old Parisian apartment - flights of creaky old stairs to climb and doors in the rooms that lead nowhere, just have walls behind them! You won't get a shower in these rooms, just a bath (useful for washing your clothes too).

I wish people would stop posting full stops on this message. It's really annoying and serves no purpose.

Search this Thread