Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for Paris accomodation for family of 4

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 10:53 PM
Jan

Can anyone recommend accomodations in Paris for 2 adults and 2 teenagers? The hotels don't seem to allow more than 2 or 3 people per room. We would like to find something around $200/night.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 02:31 AM
Jim Rosenberg

Needing to have four people in the same room will severely limit your options. Get two doubles and you will have tons of choices in all prices ranges and your whole family will be more comfortable besides. Happy Trails!

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 03:26 AM
jeanne

I had friends visit Paris last summer with their 2 kids and wanting a "quad" room. Go to hotelboulevard.com and search on "quad" rooms-they havea bunch. Be aware that their room was small-one double bed, 2 samm singles and very little room-but it was air conditioned near Odeon. I don't remember the name-sorry, but I think they paid around $100/night. Also, I would recommend air-conditioning if you are coming in the summer-mostly for the noise so that you have the option of keeping your windows shut-since most windows are double paned-but that only helps if they are shut.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 07:37 AM
marj

we had a 2-room suite at the Grand Hotel St. Michel in the latin quarter, very close to luxembourg gardens. The rooms were a bit cramped as far as space to move around in but it was clean and quiet. Each room has a tv. The 'kid' room had a daybed and a rollaway (twin size). It's 3*, has a very nice breakfast available. I don't remember the price (it was March '00) but I beleive it is in your range. The same hotel also had 2 connected rooms but none were available when we were there.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 08:56 AM
John

We faced the same family dilemma. We booked at the Home Plazza Suites in the 11th district near the Bastille. They have quad rooms/suites, sized at about 300 sq ft according to an e-mail response I got from the hotel, and are rated at 3 stars. The hotel's site is homeplazza.com. We booked thru about-hotel-accomodations-discounts.com and paid $160/nite for late July.
Everything looks fine so far, but we've yet to travel!

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 09:41 AM
Patsy Klontz

Jan,
Hotel Famille in the 5th has at least one quad room. It was well located near the Metro and within easy walking distance of several key sites. The costs was about $120 in May. Room was cramped but adequate. The one we had does face the street and was sometimes noisy, but I would not hesitate to book with it again. Patsy