Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Looking for KathyO (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/looking-for-kathyo-336316/)

bussrsf Jul 12th, 2003 09:02 PM

Looking for KathyO

I have ready Kathy's postings regarding Provence. I am planning 5 days in Provence in May and am looking for a nice play to stay for 6 people. The place that Kathy stayed at in Menerbes sounds delightful. We have never tried renting an apartment because despite all of the posts raving about them, I am concerned how you really know what you are getting, and how clean it will be. I would like more information from Kathy if she sees this post, or if anybody else knows how to reach her. Thanks!

KathyO Jul 12th, 2003 10:01 PM

Hello bussrsf! I guess you don't have to look too long! Our place in Menerbes was actually arranged through a home exchange, in which this family came to the states for 3 weeks, and my sister's family went there for three weeks. However, the Menerbes family does have their house listed for rent as well. I noticed that it is not a year-round rental as some others are, but it is listed for dates beginning mid-May through the end of September. There is another Menerbes apartment that caught my eye as well, and I think that if I couldn't arrange for the place we stayed I'd be happy at this place. These are listed on www.vrbo.com under France/Menerbes. I'll be happy to answer any other questions.

bussrsf Jul 13th, 2003 12:24 PM

Thanks Kathy for the information. I looked it up, and it does look really nice. Would it be appropriate for small children? Our daughters will be 3 & 5 when we go. Also, was the apartment very clean? Safety and cleanliness are my biggest concern. Please, don't anyone start into why we are taking our kids!!! They go everywhere with us, and do very well. They love to travel! Thanks again Kathy!

cigalechanta Jul 13th, 2003 12:33 PM

Lucky children!!!
I wish I had parents who could have taken me to Provence.
You may want to try posting at
www.friendsofprovence.com if you don't find something.It's mostly Americans with children living in Provence.

bussrsf Jul 13th, 2003 12:35 PM

I just tried friendsofprovince.com and there is nothing there. Any idea if it moved to a new location?

cigalechanta Jul 13th, 2003 12:35 PM

CORRECTION!!!!!!
it's friendsinprovence...not of

KathyO Jul 14th, 2003 03:48 PM

Hello again bussrsf. Yes, this place was very clean. It was obvious to me that the owners take very good care of everything.

My sister's kids just turned 4 and 6. They, too, were excellent travellers. The only safety concern is the street which goes past the house. All streets are narrow and you can't control someone else's driving. Parents need to make sure their kids don't walk out the door to the street by themselves. The deck side is no problem. The deck steps take you to an enclosed backyard where kids can play.

Not too far away is Cavillion where there is a community pool the kids enjoyed. If you ever go to this pool, here's a tip. My brother-in-law had to buy a different swim-suit (tight-fitting) because they don't allow loose trunks in the pool. My sister had a skirted suit which they didn't allow either.