Reload this Page >

Looking for info on horse races in Chantilly

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 11:11 AM
Susan

I've searched this forum but didn't find anything. Also went to Chantilly's website, but it's in French with no option to switch to English. Does anyone know when races are actually taking place? Certain time of the year? Certain days of the week? What time? Thanks for any help.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 11:52 AM
greg

I have never looked myself but you could see if the sports newspaper 'l'equipe' has a website. Even in french it may not be too hard to pick out horse races if they have them.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 11:57 AM
Ursula

Susan: Go and "Ask Karen" at <BR> <BR>www.bparis.com <BR> <BR>There is a discussion board. Go to "Ask Karen". She knows everything. I bet she will find out you and give you a good web site for that.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 12:15 PM
Christina

This information was a lot more difficult to find than you would think; I couldn't find out specific schedules even though I found plenty of links for Chantilly and racing. I know they only have races in May, June and Sept. (well, that's what I've read) for one thing. The most famous one, the Prix de Diane, is 6/11, I think. Other than that, I'm not clear as I've seen prior years' schedules and they really were on various days of the week, no standard pattern. Here are some URLs: www.paris-turf.com, www.frol.com, and www.chantilly-tourism.com if you want to pursue it further. The latter is the general city web site and maybe it at least has an email address you could ask for some specific time you will be there, if no one else knows dates.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 08:10 AM
Susan

Thanks to all. I'll check out all of these and see what I come up with. Appreciate the input.