I think I posted a similar question here before but if you don't mind I'll ask again.
I really want to do a 2 weeks trip (Sep25-Oct08) and i simply can't figure out where to go.
one of the problems is budget which is around 1200euros (excluding the flights from Israel). I'm traveling solo (27yr old female) and travel as a backpacker (hostels and public transport).
the thing is I'm not sure what I'm looking for. but I do know 4 things:
- food. I don't eat in restaurants for budget reasons but I'm looking for a place where I can find nice cheap food. I don't need some high end cooking. what I like is nice food in the supermarkets, food markets and some cheap food chains (but not junk food).
- sightseeing. half of those 2 weeks I want to spend in one big city so I need a place that will keep me busy for a week. the thing is I'm not a big fan of museums and history.
- shopping. looking for good shopping options for not so high prices.
- a friendly place for a solo traveler like me.
so far I visited London, Paris (about 10 years ago with my parents) and did some hiking in Switzerland but I'm used to traveling alone (including Asia and Africa).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 2 two days in rome
- 3 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 4 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 5 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 6 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 7 Avignon
- 8 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 9 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 14 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 15 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 16 Budget trip
- 17 Rome to Greece on a Ferry
- 18 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 19 Favorite London memories
- 20 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 21 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 22 Provence Trip Report
- 23 8 months around Europe
- 24 Tentative Spain/France Basque region itinerary
- 25 9 Day Paris & Rome with Family