Looking for Hotel Info in Barcelona

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be spending two nights in Barcelona,one prior to a cruise and one upon returning from the cruise.We would appreciate hotel accommodation suggestions,
especially in finding a moderately priced hotel that would be located close to attractions as well as one that would be easily accessible to the marina and the airport.Advice will be much appreciated.
Old May 30th, 2003, 04:03 PM
lol

hi
When we were in Barcelona (last sept.) we stayed in hotel Barcelona part of HUSA chain. you can check it in husa site (I think www.husa.com)
the hotel is just off placa catalunya great locationa (not as noisy as ramblas yet still a stone throw away from everything) moderatly price (120 Euro BB for double room)
it was not fancy but clean and with a/c, minibar, private bath, pay per view, breakfast buffet...
it is walking distance to placa colon and the marina.
have a great trip.
Old May 30th, 2003, 06:36 PM

If you stay on the Rambalas you are not too far from the airport or the marina. We stayed at the Rivoli Rambalas which was ok. It was quiet inspite of being on a busy area and decent location and I got a very good rate. It wasn't great (room wise )but for the price it was ok. I think it is 4 star.
Old May 30th, 2003, 07:36 PM

I will be in Barcelona next month and have spent a lot of time researching hotels. I ended up booking the Hotel Regencia Colon, located near the cathedral. I booked it because it was reasonably priced, recommended by our travel agent, and close the things that we want to see. I hope it's decent since I've never been there! We were having trouble finding a hotel since everything was booking up quickly and we're converting USD to EU, which is not working out to our advantage financially. Good luck.
Old May 30th, 2003, 11:22 PM

You could try Hotel Banys Orientals, we have booked to stay there in September, the room rate is 89 Euros all year round, location is good, check out there web site www.hotelbanysorientals.com, the only down side is that you have to phone or fax them to book.
Old May 31st, 2003, 04:25 PM

I have a home one hour from Barcelona and visit frequently. I love the Hotel Majestic for its location. It is on the Passeig de Gracia up from the train stop to Girona etc. It is so simple. It puts you in the middle of everything without the tourist trap of Las Ramblas which is not far away. You will see the Gaudi buildings everywhere and be in the middle of nice Barcelona. In summer (especially August) the hotels in Barcelona are cheap because Buisness travel stops. You do not say what time you will be there. Also down the street towards Placa de Catalunya are many good restaurants. I love Citron, for its beautiful Catala' food, air conditioning, cleanliness, reasonable prices and adventursome menu. I also love that I can take my 14 year old Californian vegetarian teenager there and she is very happy.
Enjoy Barcelona and stay away from Las Ramblas!
Old May 31st, 2003, 05:36 PM

Saronna....I am very interested in the Majestic for all the reasons you listed. However, a few comments on Rants and Raves and Tripadvisor indicate that the beds are rock hard. Have you experienced this? My husband will have a fit if I put him in a room with unusually hard beds.
Thanks. Martha
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:26 AM

I just checked rates for the Majestic and a double room in July came up as 215E- is this considered moderate priced?
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:24 PM

Stayed at the Regencia de Colon pre-cruise.
Fantastic location next door to the cathedral. Excellent breakfast. Hair dryers, soap, shampoo all provided.
Great service from front desk.
Two minute walk to La Rambla.
Only complaint..you had to go next door to the Hotel Colon to get ice for your drinks...but my father-in-law took care of that for us!
Just make sure and negotiate cab price to the pier before getting in...we had the front desk get us a van and he charged us 35 euros..that's more than the cab ride from the airport to the hotel.
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 05:49 PM

Crowsie,
Thanks so much for the info on the Regencia and the cab. I called the hotel to confirm my reservation and the person I spoke with was very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing all of the wonderful sights in Barcelona and meeting nice people as well. But I will be very alert and cautious to avoid pickpockets!