Looking for good value housing in Paris

Apr 10th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Looking for good value housing in Paris

I'm hoping someone here can recommend a hotel in Paris for 2 guys aged 30. We are looking to spend 100 euros. The hotels in the internet don't look good for that price, so was hoping someone here had some a suggestion for an apartment to rent or something where I can get a better value?

It would be for a total of 4 nights (weekends in paris) and the week we are heading to Bourdeux

Thanks!
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:25 AM

You didn't say when you are going. Are you spending a 100 euros each?

If it's under a 100 euros for both, how picky are you about your hotel?

Or what time of year you're going? You might find a decent hotel in mid winter in Paris for 100.
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM

I think it is harder to find apartments for less than a week, but you can find them.
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:57 AM

I read this to mean you are spending 2 nights in Paris - going to Bordeaux mid week - and then 2 more nights in Paris. Is that right? If so an apartment will be tough. Some do rent for less than a week, but few for just 2 nights.

The Hotel Familia has some doubles right at €100

http://www.hotel-paris-familia.com/
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:01 AM

There are a number of basic hotels in Paris for 100 euros a night - but you're not going to get luxury. You can expect traditional and clean.
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:04 AM
ira

Hi bm,

This hotel has been recommended by others as a good place for business travelers.\

http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/en....php?langue=en

Enjoy your visit.

Apr 10th, 2011, 11:50 AM

There are plenty of hotels for only 50€. It all depends on whether you are willing to spend 15 minutes on the metro to get to the center of town.

Paris is reputedly the 3rd cheapest city in Europe for 1 & 2-star hotels, but since many Fodor's users only begin at 3-stars, they often have warped ideas about hotel rates.
Apr 10th, 2011, 12:43 PM

I so recommend Hotel du College de France in the Latin Quarter.
We stayed there two years ago and I'm going back this fall.

Check the TA reviews and good luck with your planning.
Apr 10th, 2011, 01:57 PM

I think the idea of renting an apt for 2 day weekends is just not going to work. I don't know anyone who will do that. There are lots of budget hotels in Paris for 100 euro a night. If you mean 50 euro a night for a twin-bedded room, I agree that is pretty tough in central Paris but do-able elsewhere (and close to do-able in Paris). If you really mean 100 euro for four nights, there aren't even a lot of hostels that are that cheap, I'm pretty sure, but you can check them. I think a lot of them charge about that for a dorm room.

Try the HOtel Tiquetonne in central Paris, is is a 1* hotel and is about the cheapest I know. YOu can read about it on www.eurocheapo.com as well as check others. They are 55 euro for a double.

Here's a good 2* hotel in the Oberkampf area, very good choice for you, popular with young people. But their twin rooms are 65 euro. http://marys-paris-hotel.com/

This is also a very cheap hotel with a great location in the Latin Qtr, another good choice for you, but it is also around 65 euro for a twin room http://www.commerceparishotel.com/

If you've seen those kind of things and you don't like them, you are maybe being unrealistic as to what you can get for 50 euro.
Apr 10th, 2011, 02:34 PM

Of course you are right - there are lots (TONS) of inexpensive/bargain hotels in Paris. But reading the OP makes it sound like none of the cheap places bluesman found are up to their "standards".

If the many €100 give or take hotels out there aren't up to snuff - then outlying, €50-€60 recommendations aren't likely to fit the bill either . . .
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:31 PM

Look at Etap, and Ibis hotels. They are all over Paris. Also, for 4 days, it might work to get an apt or studio.