Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for Catholic church to atted Easter mass at in Killarney.

Old Jan 21st, 2000, 04:44 PM
Christie

I'm going to be in Ireland on a school trip April 17-25. As I will be there over Easter, I need to find a church to go to for Easter mass. Anyone know of any churches for me to go to?

Old Jan 21st, 2000, 05:46 PM
Joan Doyle

Dear Christie: I really don't think you need to worry. Ireland is a Catholic country and though you may not find a church on quite every corner, there are LOTS of them. In Killarney I remember a cathedral-sized church in a spot easy to see and walk to from the middle of town. Just ask at the deak of your hotel for directions--and follow the crowd. Have a good trip and a happy Easter! Joan

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 05:06 PM
Denise

Dear Christie, You won't find any problem attending mass in Ireland. We were in Killarny on Dec 8th (feast of the Immaculate Conception) and everyone in the village attented Mass...It was packed to the rafters. It was a beautiful cathederal, as most of them are, so I don't think you will ever find a church too far away in Ireland!

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 10:13 PM
julie

Are you for real, Christie? There's a Catholic church on every other corner in every town in southern Ireland. Just ask anyone where, and you'll hear the bells in anticipation of mass.

Old Jan 29th, 2000, 02:25 PM
Kate

Christie- <BR> <BR>No need to worry. There is a Catholic church just steps outside of the main town of Killarney. If you are nervous about it, contact the hotel where you are going to be staying and ask them about the mass schedule. Any of the hotels should be able to point you in the right direction and give you this information.