Looking for Bunratty Banquet Tickets

Jan 31st, 2012, 12:56 PM
Original Poster

Looking for Bunratty Banquet Tickets

I am striking out trying to get tickets for the Bunratty Castle Banquet on July 2, 2012. Website shows sold out. Any tips on any other ways to get tickets...other venders, resellers? If not any other recommendations on something near Shannon for memorable last night for Dad and three teens? Thanks!
Jan 31st, 2012, 04:42 PM

Can't help with the tickets, but look into the Irish Night in the Corn Barn there at Bunratty. we enjoyed that a lot. Knappogue Castle also has a banquet (you should find it on the same website as the Bunratty one). I haven't attended it but I'm sure it is excellent.

If those don't work, wander into Ennis and look for a pub with live trad music? Maybe something in Limerick....I'm not knowledgeable about Limerick but perhaps someone else will chime in.
Feb 1st, 2012, 04:46 AM

Try Knappogue as suggested above. I really enjoyed our visit there. Perhaps a phone call to one of the above will work, as sometimes blocks of tickets are held back for groups. Both places have two seatings so you might have more luck with one or the other.
Feb 1st, 2012, 06:43 AM

We did the Medieval Dinner at Dunguarie and enjoyed it very much.

We did discover, however, that these dinners depend on group reservations and when a tour group cancelled their reservation for the same night we had reserved, Dunguarie Castle cancelled the entire dinner and program for that night. Fortunately, we were in the area for a couple nights, so we could reschedule, but it was a bit of a hassle.
Feb 3rd, 2012, 09:13 PM

Your B&B host can get tickets or your hotel.