Looking for advice on hotels in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are taking our first trip to Paris at the end of April. We are staying 3 or 4 nights. I'm hoping I can get some recommend on attractive Parisian hotels in the mid-price range....not to exceed $300 per night, in a central location. Thank you!
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 03:22 PM

We have stayed at the Relais Bosquet located near Rue Cler area in the 7th. It is in a great area and reasonably priced. There are several restaurants, bakery, grocery store, and cheese shop nearby. It is a short walk to Eiffel Tower. It has been a Rick Steves' recommendation. Their web site: http://www.hotel-paris-bosquet.com/
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 03:32 PM

This might help, you'll need to check pricing for when you are there.

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...s-in-paris.cfm
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 03:38 PM

The Hotel du Danube is a lovely and romantic small hotel on the left bank. The Superior rooms are particularly nice.

http://www.hoteldanube.fr/en/
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 05:39 PM

the link that Basingstoke sent u looks very nice and within ur budget. Around 215.00 from what I could see. Other links were over 300. Rooms looked nice and well they should for those prices. If u spend a little time and surf the net. Type in 1st arrodessement and look at wiki-travel. They will give u a wealth of info. Attractions, Resturants, Bars and Cafe's, Hotels with prices. Which Metro line runs thru the district, Maps of the District and a small sampling of the neighborhood. I would do this for each Arrodessement. 1-20. If you like the small narrow streets as opposed to the wide bvd, u can use google earth to look at the area, Type in ur hotel, or street address or even the arrodessement itself. Zoom in and see the layout. They will even have indicators showing location of everything, even pics taken by other people. Don't go looking for the big rooms. Our motel 6 and days inns have bigger rooms than most of ur avg Paris hotels. Enjoy.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 06:26 PM

Like CaWino, I enjoy the 7th, as it is a lovely area, easy walking distance to many sites eg Eiffel Tower, Invalides & Musee Rodin etc, close to the river, and has many well-regarded restaurants and shops. It's also lovely to stroll around in the evening. I usually stay at Hotel de L'Empereur, and its sister hotel Le Muguet is also good. I've also stayed at Hotel du Champ de Mars, which was smaller but very pleasant too. But at this price point, you cannot expect very big rooms, as Jersey61 pointed out.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 09:36 PM

. I prefer the 6th.. I have stayed at the Hotel Le Regent,, in the deluxe rooms( the standards are too small) . The hotel is in a perfect location to me.. close to so many shops, cafes, and an ATM right next door. You can walk to so many sites.. Louvre, Orsay, Rodin, Cluny, Notre Dame etc etc.. if you are a walker, if not, you are close to two good metro stations.. Odeon or St Michel ( which is also a RER station) also you are close to the river.. which is a great navigation tool in Paris..

www.hotelleregent.com/