Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for a Spain Tour Guide or Tour Company

Aug 11th, 2018, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

My family of 4 (myself, husband and daughters 24 and 26) are going to Spain for 14 days in April 2019. We are not very good at planning and seem to waste a lot of time! I would like to get recommendations for outstanding tour operators to help make this a trip of a lifetime! Since we are a family of 4 with two young adults, we do not want a bus type tour with older people. I think that would bore the girls and maybe us too! I know this will cost more but we are a fast pace family and an organized tour would be perfect for this trip! Any advise welcome!
Aug 11th, 2018, 11:39 AM

Answered on your other thread.
Aug 11th, 2018, 04:42 PM

that's gonna be a hard find - any tours not designed for younger folk that have many younger folk on them - but check your local Alumni Organization as they often sponsor tours that may attract wider age group.
Aug 11th, 2018, 05:11 PM

Spain in 12 - 14 days

>>that's gonna be a hard find - any tours not designed for younger folk that have many younger folk on them - but check your local Alumni Organization as they often sponsor tours that may attract wider age group.<<

Pal: Per this OP and other thread (where you also posted ) its pretty clear they are not talking about a bus tour but a private driver/guide to organize their travel.

familytime26: Instead of a very expensive guide/driver -- IMO a better option would be either a Rick Steves 'My Way' that elbeko mentioned on your other thread, or something like an Untour https://www.untours.com/spain . . . or travel on your own to whichever Spanish cities interest you, and then do locally offered day tours where you want.
Aug 11th, 2018, 05:39 PM

Yes. Have a look at the Rick Steves My Way tours. Should work well. I do know an excellent tour company but don't think do tours any more.They may be able or willing to arrsnge a private tour for you. The tour I did with them years ago was a 10+. Their company was called A Different Spain.
Aug 11th, 2018, 06:41 PM

familytime26, we used a company called Lemon Valley Holidays owned and operated by two British girls based in Malaga. They built our itinerary after we let them know what we wanted to do and see then they arranged all the hotels, train tickets and transfers. We had a terrific time. Just looked at their site and they now offer a whole selection of tours including various parts of Spain and Andalucia in particular. You can find them at:

Lemon Valley Holidays

Joe
Aug 12th, 2018, 02:18 AM

Madrid And Beyond should be able to help in designing your itinerary, too
Aug 12th, 2018, 05:00 AM

Pal: Per this OP and other thread (where you also posted ) its pretty clear they are not talking about a bus tour but a private driver/guide to organize their travel.>

No read OP again. and look at thread title OR Tour Company. Read more carefully!

Last edited by PalenQ; Aug 12th, 2018 at 05:15 AM.
Aug 12th, 2018, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the suggestions! I"ll look into them. Does anyone know about Zicasso? or Totally Spain?
I apologize for multiple post.. I wan't sure how to delete the other one? Thanks again!
Aug 12th, 2018, 05:17 AM

Hit the edit bar on your new response and make corrections and then the Save button. Can do that for about 30 mins or so after posting.
Aug 12th, 2018, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by PalenQ View Post
PNo read OP again. and look at thread title OR Tour Company. Read more carefully!
I did, I read it several times. >>we do not want a bus type tour with older people. I think that would bore the girls and maybe us too! I know this will cost more but we are a fast pace family and an organized tour would be perfect for this trip!<<. I read it to mean they want someone (i.e. a 'tour company') to organize things for them. Not put them on a group bus tour. They are willing to spend the $$/ for a personally arranged - private - 'tour'.
Aug 12th, 2018, 12:04 PM

Well I guess 'organized tour' is a bit ambiguous - think though open to bus tours with some folks the kids' ages on them at least that's what 'tour operator' meant to me but yes maybe both.