My fiancée and I are going to Italy next summer for 7-9 days, and we hope you guys can help us decide where to go. We know for sure that we are flying in and out of Rome, so we should try to find a place that's less than 3-4 hours away (by bus,car or trian). We're also looking for a relaxing and romantic holiday, so we probably won't even be visiting Rome itself this time around. We really have no idea where we should go as there are so many choices!
We'd mostly like to stay near the sea or a lake, but we're also thinking about renting a car for a night or two to visit one of the villages inland as well. We like the idea of staying in places that aren't overcrowded with tourists, yet some choice of restaurants and cafés would be good.
I hope you have some recommendations for us to get us started with our planning!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 2 Best Gift For Valentines To a Boyfriend
- 3 Travel chat and reflections
- 4 The World's Greatest Churches
- 5 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 6 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 7 Advise Needed
- 8 naturalfitnesspoint.com/hair-bloom/
- 9 South of France
- 10 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 11 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 12 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 13 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 14 Amsterdam at End of Year - Tickets for Museums
- 15 10 days in europe
- 16 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 17 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 18 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 land vs river cruise
- 21 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 22 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 23 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 24 Scotland ideas
- 25 Tips for first trip to UK
Looking for a relaxing holiday in central/southern Italy next summer