Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for a hotel that accepts dogs in the Dingle Area of Ireland. Please help even if you don't know if they accwpt dogs as I can phone the hotel

Search

Looking for a hotel that accepts dogs in the Dingle Area of Ireland. Please help even if you don't know if they accwpt dogs as I can phone the hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Belfast and I am moving house on 22nd June. The decorators will move in and my dog snd I will be moving out.

We would like to take a trip with lots of walking to south west Ireland (7 days).

I have found a hotel in Blarney www. ahhleelodge.com for 3 days but as I have 7 days I would also like to visit Dingle which is my problem.

The last time I visited Dingle was 40 years ago. I loathed it and swore I would never go back (my friends at that time were going on holiday to either Spain or France). Having read all the positive reviews I want to visit it again (I am much older and understand the rain!). However I can't find a hotel that will accept dogs in this area.

Do any of you know of a hotel that accepts dogs in this area? Even if you don't know a hotel that accepts dogs, please give me a recommendation that I can telephone.

It doesn't have to be in town (I would prefer to be out of town with parking) and I am not fussy about the room. Having said that it must have a good restaurant as my dog is a very spoiled Cavalir King Charles so I need to be on the premisis in case she barks.

Please help

Helen

PS I do not like B&B's

Old May 13th, 2007, 11:46 AM

I used Google for :

Dingle hotels dogs accepted

and a number of hotels came up. My slow internet (1-3 kbs) is slower than usual tonight so I'll leave you to see what you want in the way of accommodation.
Old May 13th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Kaneda, but I did the same and the only one that came up was Killarney Royal Hotel which is in the heart of Killarney and I was hoping for something outside of a big town.
Old May 13th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Sorry about the web site in my original post it should be
www.ashleelodge.com
Old May 13th, 2007, 01:00 PM

www.aabookings.ie
There is an option for pet friendly, maybe that will help you.
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:47 AM

Unfortunately, although the Irish love their dogs they are not very welcoming in hotels.

Here is a list from the ISPCA that is helpful.

http://www.ispca.ie/holidays/index.html

Also, be prepared - dogs are not welcome in restaurants or bars at all! So do a little tour and foind places with tables outside, weather permitting.
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

I thank you all. I have looked at your web sites but have decided to spend the time in Co Cork.

I am sure my dog and I will be able to fill 7 days in this area and I have got a good deal at Ashlee Lodge, Blarney (65 euro per night)

lawchick, I will be having breakfast and dinner in the hotel(I hope my dog will sleep in my room) and lunch will be a picnic (weather permitting)
Thank you

Helen
Old May 14th, 2007, 11:29 AM

I'm just jealous you have a Cavalier King Charles. I adore those little guys!