Looking for a good quiet restaurant in Prague for New Year's Eve

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that Prague will be filled with revelers on New Year's Eve. We don't really care much about the fireworks and all. We just want to have a nice romantic dinner somewhere. Please help!
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 09:32 AM

There once was a legendary Fodorite by the name of Thingorjus who posted a trip report entitiled "The Pancaky Papers: Thingorjus in Praha" on this site. You can access it by typing the title into the search engine box at the top of the page.

If you want really good Czech food in a rustic atmosphere, try DAVID in Mala Strana. It is much to look at but it is very dark, quiet, and homey. The food is FANTASTIC. (It is not for arrivistes, however.)

Le Perle is a fancy French restaurant atop the Fred/Ginger Building. Ethereal views of St. Vitus and Prague. The food is not as good as DAVID, but the atmosphere is 5-star.

Check out www.squaremeal.cz for ideas.

Better hurry to get your reservations in now.
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 11:06 AM

My mouth watered as the poster above reminded me of David--what great meals we had at that place. Particularly a pork tenderloin with sauce with wine, cream, ground almonds and raisins. Odd combination that was incredibly good. Every dish the 4 of us had on 2 visits was delicious. Palfy Palac was another good dinner place. Great lunch at Toscana, eating at the basement restaurant which is different menu than the outdoor eating street level. Pastas made fresh daily.
Wherever you choose, must make early reservations for such a holiday dinner.
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 11:47 AM

U Modre Kachnicky, at the original location in Mala Strana, is a lovely traditional restaurant with excellent food.
www.umodrekachnicky.cz
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 12:16 PM

Virgo - thanks for the post! We will also be there on New Year's Eve. However, with our 21 & 25 y/o sons, we aren't looking for "romantic" but just good Czech food and we certainly don't want to spend the entire evening there! I, too, am looking for recommendations for not only N.Y.Eve, but any other meals as well. We are staying at Kampa Garden, so some of those listed are easy locations for us and the link that MarginalMargiela had is great.

Let's hope for good weather!