Looking for a good hotel in Ljubljana

Feb 18th, 2007, 04:47 PM
beachmb

Looking for a good hotel in Ljubljana

We will be stopping in Ljubljana for a couple days during a two week vacation in April. I have not been able to find many hotel references. Does anyone have any recommendations? Perfer centrally located with decent to nice amenities.

Feb 18th, 2007, 05:18 PM

Hi there,
We too are visiting in July and my reasearch on this forum has come up with 2 very good choices - the Grand Union and the recently opened ANtiq Hotel (as mentioned by the expert SloJan whose posts over the past 4 years I have read until late last night). We also ahve to choose between these two and I will also look forward to the replies you get.
Feb 18th, 2007, 05:47 PM

I stayed at Hotel Emonec which I liked very much, though it may be a little too budget for your tastes. It is very centrally located, but I would not say it has "nice" amenities. It is a 2-star.
Mar 12th, 2008, 04:47 PM

We stayed at the Grand Union. It's okay but very cookie cutterish. You could be in San Jose, Ca. or Topeka, Ks. Never again
Mar 18th, 2008, 11:40 AM

We stayed at the Best Western Slon last year. It's very close to the Grand Union hotel. Room was ok and it had a large bathroom. Rate included breakfast, which was pretty good and offered a variety of both hot and cold dishes. Excellent street level pastry shop! I would recommend (plus you'll get your BW points for your stay). Hotel is about as centrally located as you can get.
Mar 19th, 2008, 12:52 AM

We stayed at the Grand Hotel Union in January. Be careful if you go to book this one as they actually have 3 different hotels, 2 next door to each other in the centre and a cheaper one further away. We stayed in the most expensive one and the hotel room was good, including free internet access. The hotel restaurant involves going outside the hotel and round the corner - it is overpriced and arrogant, not recommended! The hotel building has fabulous art nouveau features and is right in the centre - location couldn't be better. I can't comment on the cost because we were there for a conference. Good quality hotel rooms can be difficult to find until the end of June because Slovenia has the EU presidency until then, which means lot of foreign visitors for official meetings.