Looking for a boutique hotel in Budapest

Old Jun 25th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a boutique hotel in Budapest

We'll be in Budapest next spring and I wonder if anybody knows of a nice small hotel. Of course if you just have input about the other hotels, I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 04:20 PM

Hi, we visited Budapest in May and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Korona Pension, heres the link to their website:

http://www.koronapension.hu/korona.php?lang=en

This is a cut and paste of my review of the hotel on trip advisor:

'This is a great little hotel/guest house which ticks all the right boxes. 1. Spotlessly clean and comfortable rooms, recently refurbished and a comfy bed. Towels changed daily PLUS we had the benefit of a balcony. 2. The location is in a very nice leafy part of Buda, as others have said, it is a bus ride into the City (the no. 53) but personally speaking this presents no challenge to us. The bus was extremely efficient and ran every ten mins. from just outside the hotel (taking about 20 mins journey) - the receptionist s are very helpful if you need any advice on getting around. 3. Friendly and smiling staff - very helpful with directions etc. and you can purchase a Budapest Card from the reception. Make sure you make the best of the discounts with this card, or it could work out more expensive than just purchasing Travel Cards.

All in all a fantastic City Break was had based in this hotel - we started our days early so had a meal before we returned on the bus so we were able to catch the bus home (note the last bus is 11pm).

One tiny problem - the bar area downstairs really needs a door to separate the bar from the stairway to the rooms, as it got a bit noisy down there a couple of nights and I had to use earplugs to get any sleep(but we were going to bed early! If you are using the bar it should pose no problems!) Minor complaint though as I would thoroughly recommend to anyone not afraid to use public transport. The garden is a lovely quiet area to relax in with loungers too!'

Old Jun 25th, 2007, 07:03 PM

Rether hotels

Not a boutique,not small, but, oh, my...
The Four Seasons is wonderful. Look at the website. Even if you don't stay there, go for a drink or visit the spa. The building is restored to it's former glory. Really a treat
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 08:35 PM

we were in budapest in 2005. we stayed in Taverna Hotel on Vaci Utca. very centrally located right in the middle of a pedestrian only street full of shops. the hotel is not very big, prob 200 rooms. check the reviews on TripAdvisor. don't miss Szentendre just a tad outside Budapest. about 30 min boatride on the danube.
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanx for the quick replies. I'll check into them and any more posts. Keep 'em coming. By the way Anaheim, we're in Mission Viejo.
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 11:11 AM

We stayed a year ago at hotel Victoria, a small hotel with very large rooms and a splendid view of Danube, Parliament and the bridge. I think that the price was 100 euro, including buffet breakfast.
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 07:41 PM

We've stayed at the Taverna on the Vaci Utca and at the Victoria. The location of the Taverna was very convenient, but we thought wasn't as enjoyable as the Victoria for rooms, views or service. Fantastic views of Parliament and the Chain Bridge, it's on the Buda side, but at the river bank level and pretty close to the bridge for walking to Pest.

www.victoria.hu

However, the we loved the food at the Gambrinus inside the Taverna and returned there more than once. No atmosphere (it kind of doubles as a conference room) and service isn't that great either. lol. But the chef was brilliant both nights we were there.