Looking for a B&B in the Luberon Valley in Provence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - Title pretty much says it all! We're two people, a married couple from Manhattan looking to spend four nights in the Luberon Valley. We were looking at this place (http://www.masmagnolia.com/) but they are booked. It's our first time visiting, so honestly we don't have much knowledge of the region. We liked the idea of being in one of the hilltop villages; Menerbes, Lacoste, Gordes; but there are a lot of options so I figured we'd ask for any opinions. Definitely we're not fixed on these towns so if there are other options we are interested.

We prefer B&B's, something small, charming, with a patio or terrace is preferred. Everything we've seen thus far has been in our price range - looking for something under 180 euro / night with plenty of flexibility if the right property was available. Obviously, anything UNDER that would be great too.
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 07:28 AM

My recommendation is Le Mas Perreal. We've stayed there on 2 vacations. It's located a few km north of Apt, about an hours drive from the Avignon train station. We visited Gordes, Menerbes, Lacoste, St. Remy, Isle sur la sorgue, Pont du Gard on day-trips. It is in a idyllic location - beautiful views of the hills, set amongst the vineyards. The hosts are most gracious. I believe they have about 6 rooms. Breakfast is delicious, it's in your price range. We enjoyed sitting out each afternoon after a day of touring with a glass of wine and local cheese/bread. Hope this helps...

www.masperreal.com
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 08:04 AM

I second the recommendation!!!! Ditto everything dordforcemom said!
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Merci! I'll it out. Seems lots of places lack availability at the end of June, so if there are more options we'd love to hear.
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 08:48 AM

Have a look at Mas Des Romarins. A wonderful B&B, beautiful location in Gordes along with an excellent restaurant.

www.hoteldesromarins.com
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

thanks again. So many wonderful places; but I think we're going to choose our B&B based on availability as it seems many rooms are booked. Both these places look great and thanks for responding.
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 01:53 PM

I just happened on this site: http://www.terreprovence.com/accommo..._1098-2-8.html

Several years ago we were driving through Provence and ended up at a charming place called Mas de Tamar (we just saw the sign on the gate and went in to inquire of availability). It was wonderful and we stayed two nights. I tried to google it, and somehow it got me to this site, and although it was listed, it didn't look as if they were particularly linked up to the site.

That said, it looks like this site has a number of places to check out, and since you need certain dates, you will likely be looking for as many options as possible re: availability (as you've already found out!)
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 02:36 PM

It's not a B&B, but the small inn La Ferme de la Huppe gets good reviews from everyone to whom I've recommended it. The hotel, with excellent restaurant and a pool, is down beneath Gordes, making access to the main Lubéron road very easy.
Old Apr 14th, 2011, 03:56 PM

Try www.lemasjorel.com. Nice rooms, wonderful view. It´s less than 10 min by car from Roussillon.