Reload this Page >

Ordering SNCF railtix for pickup in Europe

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2001, 12:14 PM
Judy

Has anyone figured out how to maneuver the SNCF website so you can buy tickets on line (to get the best price) and take delivery at a train station or airport when you arrive in Europe? They don't deliver to the U.S. but the website won't permit you to complete the purchase without providing your home address for delivery!

Old May 24th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Jody

RELIEF>>I thought I was the only one who couldn't figure this out. Hope we both get an answer

Old May 24th, 2001, 01:35 PM
Judy

Jody: <BR>I finally figured out how to complete the ticket order on line for pick up in Europe. Note that the only country in which you may collect the tickets is France. In the method of delivery field, you may select home delivery or collect in person. Choose the second option and continue. The order will process through to the end. (Do not complete the name and address fields further down on the form where the country for delivery or collection listed is France. Just leave that part blank.) The SNCF will print out instructions for pick up. You may collect the tickets at a train station or SNCF shop. You will also receive an e-mail from the SNCF confirming the booking and providing you with a booking reference. Print this out so you have a record of the transaction. You must present the reference number and the credit card used to purchase the tickets when you collect them in France. Be sure to use a credit card whose expiration date is still valid at the time of your trip.

Old May 24th, 2001, 01:45 PM
Jody

Thanks Judy, <BR>I gave up too soon I guess. I have even printed out your instructions! Safe and happy journey and thank you, JOdy

Old May 25th, 2001, 06:28 AM
ja

Great instructions. Do you know if there is a time restriction for picking up the tickets? I thought I saw a post that said the tickets must be picked up withing a day or two. Thanks.

Old May 25th, 2001, 06:58 AM
Judy

Once you have paid for the booking, there is nothing on the confirmation to suggest a deadline by which you must pick up the tickets. It does stipulate, however, that Eurostar bookings must be collected no later than 20 minutes before the train departs. I just made my booking for travel in early July. I would not make the booking too far out, especially since they charge a cancellation fee of about 10%. If you make a reservation inquiry, as I had done in the past, it appears they will only hold the tentative booking for a week.

Old May 27th, 2001, 09:42 AM
ja

Judy, thanks for the info. We will be taking the train upon arrival at CDG to Brussels in September. I see some trains are shown as Thalys and some as TGV, so I am still trying to figure out schedules.