Search

Colosseum Admission Tickets : How to book additional underground tour

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colosseum Admission Tickets : How to book additional underground tour

Hi,

I have already pre-booked the Colosseum+Forum+Platino combined admission tickets. I have now discovered that underground & upper levels could only be visited through a guided tour. I want to book this guided tour but all online tickets require me to buy admission tickets again. Could someone guide me how to book just the guided tour
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 03:00 AM

Here is the number : http://tinyurl.com/cd95b69

It is simplest to phone/skype them. I think you have to press 3 at the options but can't quite remember. If you type "Colossuem underground" into the search box there are various posts some of which should confirm which option you need. The lady spoke good English and the call only took about 5 minutes.

My confirmation did come through by email but I have read about other people who haven't received their confirmation so make sure that you make a note of the reference number you are given.
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 04:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took a guided Colosseum, Palatine, and Forum tour from Tours in Italy in May that included the underground and upper levels of the Collosseum. The admission ticket package was included in the tour price, but the tour company said that if they knew in advance that you already purchased admission tickets, they could refund that amount. That said, when another member of the tour brought up this issue with the tour leader, she had no idea how this would be done.
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 07:35 AM

That is meant to be the search box here on Fodor's, btw.
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot CarrieAnn40, it was really helpful. Will call them tomorrow once it dawns in Rome.
Thanks AJPeabody, will try and book directly with pierreci first but if that didn't work out, its good to have an alternative.