I am traveling with my family to London for only 3 days and I am very confused with the rules for the travel and oyster cards.
For me and my wife I was planing to buy adult 1 day off-peak Travelcards for zones 1-2.
My children are 12 and 15 and that seems to create a problem if I am right. They don't get any discount buying them 1 day Travelcard. Is that right? What are my options? Should I buy Oyster cards for them in order to get a better price? But then, I need to get a refund on the Oyster card, which I understand it is a mild pain.
Or it would be best to get Oyster cards for everyone and then apply for the refund?
This is very complicated !!!!
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ZOHO 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 The World's Greatest Churches
- 6 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 9 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 10 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 11 Malaga Christmas lights
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Trans Siberian Train
- 14 Tips for first trip to UK
- 15 Scotland ideas
- 16 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 17 London vacation rental agency
- 18 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 19 South of France
- 20 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 21 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 22 My France Vacation
- 23 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 24 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 25 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.