DH and I will be visiting London in May and will make a couple of short train trips to Bedford and Tring. Is it best to purchase the tickets on the days we want to travel or is there any advantage to purchasing now? If I buy them online (I am in the US) is it best to purchase on nationalrail.co.uk? I have also looked at thetrainline.co.uk.
We also plan to purchase one way tickets from Bath to London and thought we should purchase those now since we want to travel on a Saturday and would like to have our preferred travel time. Does this make sense for our destinations?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 2 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 3 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 4 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 5 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 6 Barcelona to Malaga
- 7 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 8 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 9 Christmas week in Ireland
- 10 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 11 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 12 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 15 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 16 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 17 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 18 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 19 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 20 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 21 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 22 Moscow Hotels
- 23 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 24 Packing Champagne
- 25 Manchester hotels