Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   London tentative things to see and do! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/london-tentative-things-to-see-and-do-613722/)

ilovetotravel29 May 7th, 2006 04:44 PM

London tentative things to see and do!

<font color="blue">I would love to hear your feedback on some things I have planned for my trip to London.

1. Feed the pigeons in Trafalgar square
2. Eat a good curry
3. Take a ride on the river themes
4. Get authentic fish and chips-
a. Seashell's Restaurant at Lisson Grove
b. Rock and Sole Plaice- Covent Garden
5. Military history - Imperial War Museum, Cabinet War Rooms and Churchill Museum, National Maritime Museum (Greenwich).
6. Natural History Museum
7. Old Operating Theatre, Museum and Herb Garret
9a St Thomas's Street
London
SE1 9RY
8. Buckingham Palace
9. Savoy Hotel
10. Science Museum
Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2DD
11. Savoy Hotel in London
12. Westminster Abbey
13. Regent Park
14. All Hallows
15. Churchill Museum &amp; Cabinet War Rooms
16. Hampton Court Palace
17. HMS Belfast
18. Imperial War Museum &amp; Cutty Sark
19. Have a drink and watch a game of football in a pub
20. Find a cafe in Hyde Park and sit and do some much needed journaling....</font>

janisj May 7th, 2006 07:16 PM

You've been working on this a long tiome and I think you are now in overload. You've ended up listing several of your sites twice.

<b>* p.s.</b> If you feed the pigeons the mayor will shoot you.

janisj May 7th, 2006 07:18 PM

and a long <u>time</u> too . . . . .

nona1 May 7th, 2006 10:16 PM

1. You can't do this anymore. No more pigeons and no pigeon feed seller.

5/11/15/18. don't go to several places twice (lol)

19. Will you be here in the football season?

david_west May 8th, 2006 03:00 AM

On military History - there's a good naval museum at Greenwich (along with lots of other good stuff) and the RAF museum is at Colindale (and is absolutely brilliant IMHO). There's also the National Army Musem in Chelsea which I wouldn't bother with.

The football seasons coming to an end now - yesterday was the last day of the premiership (cheating food-poisoning Arsenal scumbags! but i digress). The world cup is early june to 9th July and the football season kicks off at the end of August.

Dejais May 8th, 2006 04:54 AM

Just an idea...but in my research for our two day layover in London I found that if you take one of the double decker tour buses you get a free Fish and Chips lunch at a pub as well as a cruise on the Thames. We put this on our list of things to do since we will get an overview of the major sights as well as accomplish two other thingson our list.

janisj May 8th, 2006 07:42 AM

dejais - I might re-think your idea about the fish and chips w/ the bus tour. I'd be wary of a place so desperate for customers they have to give it away free . . . . You usually DO get what you pay for.

ilovetotravel29 May 8th, 2006 08:41 AM

Sorry---I didn't proof read my list. I have been including things to do in London from advice here on fodor's and have just been copying and pasting what looks interesting.... :)