My husband and I will be spending 6 days in the London area Mid-June. We'll be flying into Heathrow after 2 weeks in Ghana Africa. We're from California.
Never been to the UK.
After our time in Africa, we'd like to see the busy city of London BUT would really like to relax a little in the countryside, seeing the beauty, history, castles, ruins, beautiful towns, etc.
Would you stay outside the city of London so access to train would be easier and just take day trips out?
Would you split the time into 2-3 day chunks staying in 2 different places?
We'd like to stay sorta "budget" .. nice.... but not $200-300 per night.
No car.. just traveling by train.
There is 2 of us. My husband and I.
Any help, guidance, suggestions would be awesome!! Also, does anyone know of a good map online showing cities and trains? I'm totally clueless to where all these cities/towns are in relation to London. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 2 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 7 Croatia in mid/late October
- 8 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 9 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Help with Venice Trip?
- 12 Dubrovnik
- 13 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 14 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 15 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 16 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 17 Norte Dame light show!
- 18 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 19 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 20 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 10 Days in Austria
- 23 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 24 Greece in end October
- 25 Champagne Tours