Reload this Page >

London: Restaurant L'Epicure. Current plays: comedies & dramas

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Greg

I am going to London July 9. A friend recommended a restaurant he used to go to (it has been a while since he was there) called L'Epicure. I could not find it in any web listing. Anyone heard of it? <BR> <BR>This is a little early, and I will post this again the first of July, but since I have your attention, I MUST see some plays while in London (I am there two, count them, two weeks). No particular desire to see any musicals. However, have you seen ONE London musical you would not miss? I really prefer comedies and dramas. Anyone seen any of those you particularly liked? Being a good Fodorite, I will do my research. However, there being so much great theatre in London, would like some suggestions. <BR> <BR>Thanks all!!!

Old May 30th, 2001, 10:21 AM
michele

Good comedy: STONES IN HIS POCKET...Hollywood descends upon a small Irish town. Two actors play all the characters.

Old May 31st, 2001, 05:58 AM
Carrie

I second 'Stones in the pocket'. I also recommend Art(George Segal is in it for a limited run)and An inspector calls. Les Miz is a must for musical.

Old May 31st, 2001, 06:52 AM
as

"Momma Mia". Don't miss it!!!! <BR>It was funny, great music by Abba, a real crowd pleaser. <BR>I am still listening to the soundtrack.

Old May 31st, 2001, 08:46 AM
Dorris

I second Mama Mia. It was great. Everyone in the audience from the kids to us grandmas enjoyed it!