Reload this Page >

London Renaissance Chancery Court Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 10:21 PM
kate

Trying to use points. Is this a good choice? Well-located? I've never been to London before and this "seems" to be the best, according to the descriptions. I don't have enough points for the County (?) or Grosvenor Marriotts. This one is a category down...<BR><BR>Also, I can "afford" the Marriott Maida Vale. Better or worse than the Chancery Court?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for your help!

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 05:06 AM
Julie

Kate, Do you have the exact address/area/tube stop where the London Renaissance Chancery Court Hotel is located? I'm not familiar with it but maybe someone else on this board is. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I believe the Marriott Maida Vale location is a bit off the beaten path. Of course, this all depends on what you have planned, the tube is fabulous for getting you around and the savings might make a difference.

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 06:23 AM
kate

Hi Julie,<BR><BR>Prairie Girl? Kansas? : )<BR><BR>The hotel is at 252 High Holborn<BR>London WC1V 7EN.<BR><BR>The picture and description on the Marriott/Renaissance website sound great, but having never been, it's hard to say if it's just good marketing. Specifically, can anyone tell by this address if it's close to a tube stop? I don't mind walking 10 minutes to a tube stop if it's in a safe neighborhood.<BR><BR>Thanks again.

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 06:52 AM
Julie

Kansas (born)is right, how clever of you! Judging from the postal codes, the Marriot's map of the hotel from their website and the Tube map the Chancery (WC1 - West Central) is far more centrally located than the Maida Vale (NW - North West). However, bear in mind that London is very spread out and you will probably find yourself taking the Tubes/Buses at some point to get to everything. Just know that High Holborn is very close to the West End so that covers a lot of highlights that I'm sure you'll be hitting (even outlines them on the Marriott site). You didn't mention what you wanted to see, but I don't think you would be disappointed at the Chancery unless someone on this site has a bad report. Good luck!

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 07:49 AM
Lucy

I am staying there next week, and will let everyone know what it is like. It is supposed to be quite luxurious, with large rooms, so I am very excited. <BR>

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 09:58 AM
kate

Super. Thanks in advance for your report, Lucy.