Hi All --
Visited London for four days in January. It was my second trip, so I had to ferret out some of the less known attractions. Here are my recommendations for where to go after you've knocked-out the major, must-see places:
• Walk London’s South Bank (see it first from atop the London Eye)
• See St. Bartholomew the Great church, the oldest in London
• Visit the quirky Sir John Soane Museum (candlelight tour available the first Tuesday of every month)
• Try the bizarre Hunterian Museum (weird stuff in jars)
• Walk the scenic Highgate Cemetery, visit Karl Marx’s grave
• See how the other half lives on Bond Street
• Shop Harrod’s food hall (check-out the cars behind the store)
• Eat at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal (or don’t…)
• Walk through the Royal Courts of Justice (especially if architecture is your thing)
Trip Report: http://bit.ly/1gZcVuX
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Venice Trip?
- 2 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 3 10 Days in Austria
- 4 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 5 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 8 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 9 Le Marche Research Help
- 10 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 Greece in end October
- 13 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 GTG Paris December 2017
- 16 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 17 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 18 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 19 Favorite London memories
- 20 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 21 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 22 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 23 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
London Recommendations (for your second visit)
Hi All --