Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   London Post Vanished...So did all your good suggestions! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/london-post-vanished-so-did-all-your-good-suggestions-422726/)

missypie Apr 15th, 2004 01:05 PM

London Post Vanished...So did all your good suggestions!

Well, well, well, my London post has been pulled. I'm kind of hurt, because I asked the legitimate question of what part of London to stay in so I will come home loving the city. I received quite a few nice, legitimate suggestions that disappeared before I could print them.

I remember Chelsea, Russell Square, Mary[something]...Help please!

Anton Apr 15th, 2004 01:21 PM

Iagree, what a shame. I'm afraid it is my fault. I wasn't trying to be unfair or nasty, just an opinion. Oh well!

OReilly Apr 15th, 2004 02:10 PM

I posted as someone that enjoys London, and always finds something new to discover on every visit , despite the fact that I have been there 30+ times. I suggested staying in S. Kensington, Knightsbridge or Chelsea, my personal favorites.

I didn?t find anything offensive in your question, or most of the answers you received.

Perhaps you should post your question again as "What do you love about London: Help me understand?" and add your original message.

cmt Apr 15th, 2004 05:25 PM

Those Fodors editors really have strange judgment sometimes. The thread with a similar title re Paris is still here, even though, unlike yours, it didn't attempt to ask any useful questions.

I was interested in your question, too. I was literally allergic to London when I was there in 1985. I got severe headaches from who knows what (vehicle exhaust maybe). I broke up my stay in London by leaving on a series of 2- or 3-day trips to Bath, York and Cornwall, with short stays in London in between. Every time I left for a few days I felt fine, so I really did feel like I must be allergic to London! I was happy with the area where I stayed, which was Bloomsbury, partly because I loved the British Museum, but I also just liked the feel of the neighborhood. I hear from many frequent travelers to London that it is still a good area to stay. However, except for Chinatown, I could never figure out where to eat, and couldn't find any grocery stores where I could buy the makings of a picnic supper the way I've done in other countries (but that may have changed by now, I hope).

Obviously, I don't really have anything very useful to add here, since I'm not a London lover and haven't been there in 19 years, but I'm posting this message mainly as a way of topping your thread.

OaktownTraveler Apr 15th, 2004 06:14 PM

Missypie:

What happened???

I was multi-tasking today while posting.

I was out the afternoon, came back to find your thread because one of my girlfriends is going to London and your thread was chock full of information that I did not have.

Did somebody curse or threaten someone?

I see some of my individual post are toast too...no worries...seems like folks are leaving ironically posting about the glut of posts that are not about anything but the poster who posted the post...

Maybe that is not the "problem" or issue or whatever...

My friend likes all that specific detail that you and many others provided on your thread.

No, she nor NONE of my real life friends are coming to these boards. I was going to just forward the thread...

Hmmm....
Oaktown Traveler