I have another trip in the works (just like many of you said would happen!)
I have yet to even start a trip report for my last trip that so many of you helped me on. To name a few to say THANK YOU!:
annhig(I loved Santa Prassede), I also appreciated all of your Italy tips/suggestions
denisea,kybourbon- Provided lots of help and many many tips
willowjane- who introduced me to the scavi tour in Rome, which was amazing.
Cdchi1- for mentioning San Giovanni in Laterano- I absolutely loved this church.
adrienne- Thank you for many Paris/France tips. I am using many of your suggestions for my 2nd trip this Fall.
Vespacurves- for the time saving suggestion, which we used. Rome then train to Vencie
indy_dad- for the Normandy help
Here is the plan for the trip with my 2 cousins in October:
6 nights/5 full days in London
6 nights/5 full days in Paris
4 nights/3 full days in Sorrento (cousins are staying 7 nights/6 full days)
-Day trips to Pompeii,Positano,Capri,Naples
I will be taking the train to Rome, alone, and staying in a convent for 3nights/2 full days. I have been before and want to do a few things I did not have time for on my last trip.
One of my cousins uses a wheelchair. Do any of you have experience traveling with someone who uses a wheelchair? What is the accessibility like? it doesn't look great to be so far, but doable with three of us. We have already discussed slower travel and site seeing.
I feel the itinerary is good for London and Paris. I have never been to that part of Italy, does it look ok? We mainly want to just relax and visit the picturesque towns. We do want to visit Pompeii museums (I think we will join a walks of Italy pompeii tour), hike Mt. Vesuvius, eat pizza in Naples .
What is Capri like at the end of October, the blue grotto open then?
What about a driver for the Amalfi coast, any suggestions for this? What is the public transportation like? I've read that the busses are very crowded.
I don't want to plan things on particular days, as I'd rather let that depend on the weather.
Thank you for your insight!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 2 forex
- 3 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Trans Siberian Train
- 6 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 7 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 8 Paris November 2017
- 9 Iceland driving in March
- 10 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 11 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 ICELAND in February
- 16 The World's Greatest Churches
- 17 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 18 11-12 nights in Portugal
- 19 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 20 paris to london- day trip
- 21 10 days in Portugal
- 22 My France Vacation
- 23 Malaga Christmas lights
- 24 GTG Paris December 2017
- 25 Italy Croatia Bosnia
London, Paris, Sorrento/Amalfi Coast, Wheelchair users and Kudos