Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

London-Paris-Rome in 2 weeks with our 8 month old...please advise

Mar 9th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

We are in our early thirties , planning to travel to Europe for 2 weeks in May 08 with our 8 months old son.
May 17-Reach London (visited in 2006….now just meeting friends…love the city)
May 21-Take train to Paris (need to book hotel ….please coment on Stella http://www.hotelstella.com/)
May 26-Fly to Rome (need to book hotel….please comment on Cesari http://www.albergocesari.it/)
May 31-Fly back home

Please tell us if this is doable with an infant/comment on the choice of hotels and any other suggestions

Planned our last UK trip with help from you guys….it went perfect!
Mar 9th, 2008, 09:13 AM

Vagually know the stella, a bit brittle for children and I (being lazy) might look for some child care service. But Paris itself will welcome children. The albergo I know not at all but looks more the thing.

Mar 9th, 2008, 09:34 AM

The rating on tripadvisor.com are not that great for the hotel Stella, I guess it looks ok but for the price I think you could do better. I would rather stay in the 4th 5th or 6th myself more resonable cafes etc.
Have you looked at Hotel des Grand Ecoles, it has a nice garden and the rates and location is better. Only problem is I would make sure you book rooms with mini-bars( fridge) as you will need to have somewhere to store juices and yogurts etc for baby snacks.
Hotel des Grand Hommes does have mini fridges but it may be too late to get a good rate as the rates go up as you get closer to dates( you have left it a bit late) .
I recommend you go to tripadvisor.com and read through a few pages of hotel reveiws for Paris, plus may be scan the forums there, lots of posters .
Mar 9th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Original Poster

HI!

bilboburgler : Thanks. I am actually OK without child care service as my son is already pretty averse to strangers,....will probably take him everywhere!Am hoping this trip makes him more social!

bozama : Thanks....just read the review on Stella on tripadvisor. Hotel des Grand Ecoles looks good...will try reserving.

I am getting a good deal on the following through my office...could you tell me if they are any good in the 100-130E range? I need something close to all the things I would want too see as would want to minimise commuting time with the baby:

Citadines Paris Bastille Nation Aparthot

Express By Holiday Inn Paris Pl. D'Itali

Holiday Inn Paris-Bastille

Mercure Paris Ronceray Opera

Mercure Paris Gare De Lyon

All Seasons Paris Bercy

Holiday Inn Paris La Villette

Quality Opera Sant Lazare

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Mar 10th, 2008, 12:02 AM

Mercure Paris Ronceray Opera - the most central of your choices, and my preference for location. But I am guessing that its rooms are probably quite small.

Citadines Paris Bastille Nation Aparthotel - provides kitchen facilities and maybe something of a suite setup, so check this out. But the location is further out.

Express By Holiday Inn Place d'Italie would provide a free breakfast, but its location is not central.

I think I'd take Citadines with a baby, although it would be even better if you could get a closer-in Citadines.