I am just at the beginning stages of planning my first trip to Europe with my mom. We are planning on staying at least 10 nights, if not a couple more this June 2018. We are not sure how many nights we should stay in each destination, and if we are choosing too many destinations for our time there. We were thinking 3 nights London, 3 nights Paris, and 4 nights in Brussels with day trips to Bruges and Amsterdam from Brussels. Or, maybe a couple nights in both Brussels and Amsterdam, or staying in Amsterdam and taking day trips from there. It is also a possibility to take one destination off of our itinerary.
We are interested in soaking up all of the culture, lifestyle, architecture, and history of all of the places we visit. We also love good food and beer and wine so that is high on our list of stuff to do as well. We love nature, so visiting gardens, cruising canals, biking, and visiting the country side is also very appealing to us.
A few questions we have....
The best website to buy affordable plane tickets?
Affordable places to stay in each of these destinations?
Recommended restaurants, pubs, bars?
Any tips on must-see's in these destinations.
Should we buy train tickets in advance?
In these cities, how do people typically get around? bus, train, bike, rent a car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 2 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 3 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 4 land vs river cruise
- 5 Scotland ideas
- 6 Tips for first trip to UK
- 7 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 8 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 9 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 10 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 11 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 12 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 13 The World's Greatest Churches
- 14 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 15 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 16 Malaga Christmas lights
- 17 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 18 Portugal
- 19 Paris November 2017
- 20 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 21 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 22 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 23 paris to london- day trip
- 24 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 25 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.