I will be in London for 3 weeks, at the end of this month, and am wondering what the best option would be for traveling about London- an Oyster card? Travelcard? Or Travelcards loaded onto an Oyster card?
I don't plan on 2 for 1 deals, as it's just me, and plan on staying mostly in zones 1 and 2. A friend told me to get an Oyster card and load 3, 1 week Travelcards on it. Is that what I should do? I was a bit confused as to why I would need both an Oyster card AND Travelcards.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 6 My France Vacation
- 7 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 8 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 9 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 12 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 13 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 14 Poland--where else to go
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 10 days in europe
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 19 Trans Siberian Train
- 20 GTG Paris December 2017
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 23 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 24 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 25 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens