printable driving directions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just spent a couple of hours entering hotels, addresses and cities into various mapping sites including mapquest, google maps, Michelin, and either the results were clearly incorrect unprintable, or just boggling. Steves says Kayak but I couldn't even get to square one there. No snarkiness, please--and thank you.
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 01:10 PM

Google Maps works for me---it should for you.
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 01:23 PM

I haven't used MapQuest in a long time, but I find both Google Maps and ViaMichelin to be reliable, and both have decent ways to print the directions.

Google Maps has a printer icon just above the turn-by-turn directions. If you click it, you get a printer-friendly version of the directions. There's a box you can check to also get the map, and another box where you can enter your own notes. If there are multiple options for the route to take, you have to repeat the process for each alternative route.

Michelin has a printer icon below the map and above the turn-by-turn directions. This also brings up a printer-friendly version of the directions, with the map included automatically. There is also by default a somewhat enlarged map of the starting and ending points, which often involve turns on streets that aren't well marked.

The maps themselves are generally too small to be useful, except as an overview of the route. You really need to supplement the directions with a full-size highway map, on which you can trace the route.
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 04:58 PM

I always use Google maps overseas with very good result, especially the pedestrian/walking directions.
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 05:09 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
>>and either the results were clearly incorrect unprintable, or just boggling.<<

I guess I just don't understand. I use googlemaps and via michelin all the time and don't have any issues w/ either accuracy or printability . . . .
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 06:09 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
I never have had trouble with printing Via Michelin or MapQuest. Is it your computer or printer?