My wife and I are planning a trip to London in late August. We will be flying out of New York on Wednesday night, August 29th, arriving in London on the morning of Thursday, August 30th. We plan on being in London all of Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and flying back Monday.
Here's the dilemma - we went to Paris on an incredible trip two years ago and loved it. We've also discussed trying to get back even for a short period of time when we visited London considering they are so close.
So the question is, does it make any sense to be in London for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and take a Eurostar train Sunday morning to Paris for the day before leaving Europe on Monday, just to have one day in Paris? Or is London so overwhelming with things to see that it would be crazy to leave a day early?
Any opinions are welcome. Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 2 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 3 Algarve Town Selection
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 paris to london- day trip
- 6 Browsing Barcelona
- 7 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 8 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 9 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 12 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 13 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 16 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 17 Portugal
- 18 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 19 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 20 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 10 Days in Austria
- 23 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 24 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 25 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)