London Itinerary, day 2

Search

London Itinerary, day 2

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 08:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Itinerary, day 2

Please feel free to give us any comments about our second day in London, any comments and suggestions are appreciated...THANK YOU!

DAY 2 Sunday
1. Princess Di's memorial walk, begin at Kensington Gardens, stop at speakers corner for awhile, continue
2. Crown Jewels, Tower of London
3. 10 Downing Street (changing of the horses?)
4. Tate Modern Museum
5. Tower Bridge and Pedestrian Walkway
6. Pub Walk?
7. Possible...Trafalgar Day Parade is today
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 08:51 PM

Why not do #2 and #5 in sequence? Otherwise you will be backtracking quite a bit.

Keep in mind how long it can take to get between destinations in London - almost always longer than I plan. I am not sure you will be able to do all of these in one day.
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:26 PM

donnae_b: This will work better if you post all your days in one thread. That way we will see everything you hope to visit and can make better suggestions about what makes sense to see together. Having a separate thread for each day will end up w/ REALLY fragmented responses.

That being said - this day makes almost no sense. You are zig zagging all over London with from Kensington Palace all the way across the city to the Tower, back to Whitehall, across the river to the Tate, back to the Tower and back to Trafalgar square (which is just dowen the street from Downing St.).

This itinerary is very nearly impossible . . . . .
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:01 AM

janis is right, it would be much better to just start over and list everything in one posting.

Tell us what your priorities are and give us your "must sees" and "must do's".

People here know the city and can help you group events in a logical manner that reduces stress and saves travel time.
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 05:53 AM

Here's my two cents worth....
From what you've said on this post and your others, I'd spend day one walking around. If you're not able to get started until the late afternoon, a lot of things will be closing so soon that you won't have a chance to see much. Plus, it will be getting dark at 6 p.m.
So, Day 1 -- Go to Harrods, from there, walk through Hyde Park to Kensington Gardens, see Diana playground, walk past Kensington Palace (I don't know exactly where the memorial walk goes, but I know you'll pass a couple of the markers for it in this area), then through the South Kensington area (past Royal Albert Hall and Royal College of Music), and make your way to the restaurant for dinner. Depending on how late you like to stay out, you could then go to Picadilly Circus (but again, to me it's just a traffic intersection).
Day 2 (Sunday)-- If you're dead set on Speaker's Corner, do that first. The Trafalgar Day Parade takes place at 11:00, so that will have to be next if it's still on your list. From there, take the tube over to the Tower. (You mentioned St. Paul's on one of your posts -- if that's still on your list, you might want to go there instead for a Sunday service) From the Tower, go to Tower Bridge. Depending on what time you finish all that and how light it still is, you could theoretically walk along the south side of the Thames (you'll pass by Southwark Cathedral and The Globe theatre) to the Tate Modern (it closes at 6) and then across the Milennium Bridge.
I'm not much for scheduling pub crawls -- pubs are all over the place, and we like to just stop in at one for a drink whenever the mood strikes us!
London is a fabulous place -- have a great time!
Annette
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 06:39 AM

"Changing of the horses" at No. 10 Downing Street? Now that's a new one!

donnae_b, suggest you get yourself a good map of London that shows all the major sites so you know what is located where.

Good luck!