London in Oct. or Nov?

Jul 17th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

London in Oct. or Nov?

I have been looking at a few deals for 6 or 7 nights in London including hotel and airfare. There is a significant difference in price between Oct. 31 and Nov. 1. I have been in London the first week of Oct. and the weather and temp. was fine, but I'm wondering if going in Nov. would be a lot different. I would like to see the autumn leaves and early Oct. was too soon as the leaves were just starting to turn. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
Jul 17th, 2009, 12:06 PM

There is no telling - no way. October could be wonderful - or not. Same w/ November. Not enough difference to worry about. The days will be shorter in Nov - but if the deal is good, I'd go in Nov. (the whole difference is probably in the airfares BTW)
Jul 17th, 2009, 12:48 PM

With no price difference I'd pick October just because the days are a bit longer, but if the difference is that much, go with November. As janisj mentioned, there's no way to predict exactly what the weather will do. (Honestly, the colorful leaves are nice, but they look pretty much the same as they do here. I personally wouldn't plan a trip around it.)
Jul 17th, 2009, 12:56 PM

rushed, we've been to london a few times in early November and don't feel there is much of a difference from the times we've been in October.

Here's the BBC website of the weather averages:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/c...ml?tt=TT003790
Jul 17th, 2009, 01:04 PM

Come in November for Guy Fawkes!
Jul 17th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Original Poster

Never thought of Guy Fawkes! When is it exactly? The reason I mentioned the leaves is because autumn is my favorite time of year; I actually like the cooler temp. My husband just read the posts and said he agrees with jent103, so I guess it's October. Cheers!
Jul 17th, 2009, 04:56 PM

I think that you'll find the changing colors in the UK to be not very similar to what you see in the US (much of which you have to head out into the mountains to really see anyway). I wouldn't spend a lot to go a week or two earlier.
Jul 17th, 2009, 05:00 PM

Remember, remember the fifth of November, Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
Jul 17th, 2009, 05:37 PM

"Remember, remember the fifth of November, Gunpowder, Treason and Plot." Some of the festivities happen on the closest weekend (this year Nov 6-7).

If it was the "longer days bit" in jent's post that convinced your husband - here is what you are looking at:

Oct 7, sunrise 7:11 AM sunset 6:25 PM (daylight savings time)
Nov 7, sunrise 7:05 AM sunset 4:23 PM (standard time)

Bonfire night is lots of fun . . .