London in Early December

Jun 2nd, 2002, 12:20 PM
Paul

London in Early December

Planning a birthday trip to Europe for approx. Dec. 5-16 for wife's birthday. Will definitely spend 5 days in Paris. We are thinking of the other days in London. How crowded with tourists is London at that time of the year? I know that there will be the Xmas shopping rush underway. We have been to both Madrid and Paris in previous years during the first two weeks of December and found an amazing dearth of tourists. Will London be similar? Thanks in advance.
P.S. Shocked by the London hotel prices.

Jun 2nd, 2002, 10:09 PM
janis

Well - there are a LOT of tourists in London pretty much year round. But Nov - March has a LITTLE less than the rest of the year. If you want to rent a flat, many London agencies reduce their rates from Nov 1 so you can get some real Bargains.

In the Fall there are so many plays, concerts, exhibitions. It is one of my favorite times to visit London.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 01:32 AM
Ben Haines

I agree exactly with Janis. the shoppuing is lively and crowds the shopping streets, but neasrly all the places you will go to, by day and in the evening, are away from those streets. You will have no call to be in Oxford Street, Regent Street, or Knightsbridge.

So welcome to London

Ben Haines

Jun 3rd, 2002, 02:02 AM
Ben Haines

I agree exactly with Janis. the shoppuing is lively and crowds the shopping streets, but neasrly all the places you will go to, by day and in the evening, are away from those streets. You will have no call to be in Oxford Street, Regent Street, or Knightsbridge.

So welcome to London

Ben Haines

Jun 3rd, 2002, 02:52 AM
Judy

I visited London in early December last year,and enjoyed it very much,as the shopping crowd not reaching the peak,but all the beautiful pre-Cchristmas music and lighting made the town so much special.

There was great discount in hotel room cost till two weeks before the holiday, mine was 70% off.