LONDON IMPERIAL HOTELS

Sep 1st, 2008, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

LONDON IMPERIAL HOTELS

Any comments on this hotel chain. Am thinking of staying here due to proximity of St. Pancreas station.
Sep 1st, 2008, 09:44 AM

I stayed at the Imperial 2 years ago and was disappointed. I remember feeling like I had stepped through a time-portal back to 1970 when I walked in the front door! They had this horrible Muzak playing over a terrible sound system in the lobby, the furniture looked old, and the place reeked of smoke. I remember the hallway to our room was a long skinny hallway that felt like I was in a maze. The breakfast that was included with the room was terrible---the coffee tasted like instant coffee and there were dirty linens on the table; we had breakfast there once and then decided to eat out for the rest of the trip.

If all you're looking for is a simple (dated) room and do not plan on spending any time there, it will probably work. It's relatively cheap for London prices--the lesson here is you get what you pay for! My recommendation is to use Priceline---you can do much better for the same price.
Sep 1st, 2008, 10:00 AM

There is a very reasonable Premier Inn right next to St Pancras (please note spelling before anybody else highlights it to you). See http://www.premierinn.com

Sep 1st, 2008, 01:55 PM

We also stayed here a couple of years ago. Renovations were going on and they put us in one of the newly renovated rooms. It was clean, but just adequate. Similar to a 1* hotel. Great loation, though.

Search this Thread