Reload this Page >

London hotels: the Landmark & Mayfair IC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Tess

Hi, my family of 4 would like to visit London between Christmas and New Year. It will be the first time for the children. I have found some decent rates on the web and would appreciate comments on the Landmark (its location and anything else) and the Mayfair Intercontinental. <BR><BR>I have read a message on this board saying the Mayfair will be shut down from December till 2004 for a major renovation. Yet, I'm still able to make a reservation for the Christmas holiday period. Does anyone know if there is ongoing construction or refurbishment work that would be quite disruptive to guests? <BR><BR>

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 06:57 AM
I'minterested

Topping

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Meg

Tess, The Landmark is at Marylebone Station on the Bakerloo Line which runs very frequently indeed. It's 2 stops from Paddington if you come on the Heathrow Express.<BR><BR>It has a beautiful atrium under a huge glass roof, very large rooms, superb room service - especially breakfast, friendly staff.<BR><BR>If you look in the Fodors rants and raves, there are some reviews. I loved it.<BR><BR>Afraid I don't know the other hotel you asked about.<BR>

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 07:19 AM
elaine

The Mayfair IC has a wonderful location imo, right on Piccadilly. However, if you are concerned about construction you should inquire at the hotel. That may be one reason for the good rates.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Tess

Thanks a lot for your input, Meg and Elaine. I'm leaning towards the Mayfair at this time because of their lower rates. I will call the hotel directly for more clarification as suggested.