Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

London Hotels? Thanet, Crescent, London Guards, or Jenkins?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 12:16 PM
Matt

Does anyone know anything about these hotels? Me and another friend will be staying in London for five days in March and need help picking a hotel. These are the four we've narrowed it down to. Does anybody have any input?

Old Mar 1st, 2000, 07:46 PM
Wendy

Matt, we stayed at the London Guards 2 summers ago. Our room was large and clean. The neighborhood was safe and the tube is only 2 short blocks away (so is Hyde Park). The only minus was the breakfast which was just toast and tea with the option to puchase other items. We would stay there again.

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 04:20 AM
elaine

Matt <BR>My guide book says that the Jenkins is a very good value hotel. It is in a good neighborhood. Rooms are said to be small and there is no elevator.

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 06:37 AM
Sue

I stayed at the London Guards Hotel last year. It is good value for money and I would certainly stay there again. The hotel had been recently rennovated. Our room was clean and had a large en suite bathroom, hair dryer, coffee/tea making equipment, air conditioning and a fridge (a big plus in my book!). It is a three or four minute walk from Lancaster Gate tube, a two minute walk from Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park, and a seven or eight minute walk from Marble Arch and Oxford Street.

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 08:00 AM
ron

Matt, I have stayed at the Thanet. I think you should take Wendy and Sue's advice.