London Hotels - Moderate Price ???

Mar 26th, 2001, 08:37 AM
S

London Hotels - Moderate Price ???

Where to stay in London for a moderate price and bug free? Has anyone ever heard of Scancourt Hotel located by Hyde Park?

Mar 26th, 2001, 09:18 AM
Lisa

I stayed at a small London hotel, the Langley House, for a reasonable rate in 1998. The place looks like one of many rowhouses in the area; it is clean and modest. It is near the British Museum, near public transportation (the underground), and within walking distance of several attractions.

Mar 29th, 2001, 04:13 AM
Lorraine

We found a place called Travel Inn County Hall which is just behind the London Eye and very close to Waterloo station. In Sept/Oct they charged a flat tariff of 46Pounds for room only. There is a restaurant on site if you want to eat in.
They are part of a large chain of Motel style accommodation with sites all over the UK.
Prices last year were from 40 - 46 pound for a standard room that sleeps 4 (1 double; a fold out and a rollaway) - fine for a family with two small kids

Mar 29th, 2001, 10:00 AM
KT

Lorraine -- Are you sure about the price at the at Travel Inn? Their flat rate is now 70 pounds per room, which is still awfully cheap for London, and I recall it being just about the same when I checked it out last fall.

Mar 29th, 2001, 02:49 PM
Danielle

Hi,

I stayed in a B&B in West Kensington that I loved - its called the Avenmore - right in the middle of a very quiet neighborhood. Very quaint and affordable!

Mar 30th, 2001, 05:51 AM
S

I was trying to find info on the Avenmore. Do they have a web site?

Mar 30th, 2001, 09:36 AM
Danielle

Website is www.avonmorehotel.co.uk