london hotels and B&B's

Jan 1st, 2011, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

london hotels and B&B's

We are looking for a reasonably priced hotel or B&B in the area of the British Museum. We will be coming in April for three nights. I am trying to discern what is 'reasonably priced' in London these days as I haven't been in more than ten years. I would like not to exceed $150.00 US dollars. Is that a reasonable expectation? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Happy New Year.
Susan
Jan 1st, 2011, 02:02 PM

$150 per night or for three nights total?
Jan 1st, 2011, 02:04 PM

That is about £95 so it is doable but you'll haveto search a bit.

The Morgan for instance, which is a well run budget hotel next to the British Museum, runs £125 (approx $195).

However if you don't need a specific hotel or need to be near the museum, you can get actual 4 star hotels for around $90-$100 a night plus taxes using priceline or Hotwire.

If that doesn't appeal, check out Londontown for deals. http://www.londontown.com/hotels/
Jan 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM

Although this place isn't super-close to the British Museum, it's not bad to connect by using the Tube. and it's approximately what you want to pay:
http://www.londonvicaragehotel.com/content/rates

BC
Jan 1st, 2011, 02:21 PM

April....will the Royal Wedding be affecting prices at that time? Or, will they remain pretty stable? We are considering a trip to London this year and our choices are April or the last week in July.
Jan 1st, 2011, 06:24 PM
Original Poster

I am talking about per night 150.00 if possible. We will be going April 9th- the Royal Wedding is at the end of the month. Am open to all areas for hotels. Have you had good experiences with priceline or Hotwire? I've never done either. Hae you had good experiences with those sites? thank you.
Jan 1st, 2011, 07:01 PM

If you really are willing to look at other areas, and are interested in B&B's, we have had success twice with the agency AtHomeinLondon http://www.athomeinlondon.co.uk/

Great customer service, some near your price range, different areas of town, nice accomodations in the 2 we used--one in Belgravia and one in Bayswater off Porchester Gardens.
Jan 2nd, 2011, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

that's an interesting idea.. will check it out. Will also explore Priceline and/or Hotwire.
Jan 2nd, 2011, 03:17 PM

The Rathbone Hotel just off Goodge Street has rooms for £125 and it's a four star hotel.
Jan 3rd, 2011, 06:27 AM

Book soon. April 9th is the first weekend of school Easter holidays and prices will reflect that (it's a busy period).
Jan 9th, 2011, 02:23 PM

If I were you I'd look into one of the B&Bs in Cartwright Gardens, a lovely crescent near the Museum and even closer to the British Library. These include The George, The Mentone, and The Crescent. I've had pretty good luck with all of them, and the rates are within your range. In nearby Gower Street, the Arosfa is similarly comfortable and affordable.