we have been to London in the past and prefer to stay within farily easy walking distance of at least some of the theatres. The whole National complex we realize is "across the river" and that's OK
In the most recent past we have either rented a flat in Covent Garden (with mixed results) or stayed in the Covent Garden Hotel (CGH) which we like. The CGH is not cheap and they rarely seem to have any sort of breakfast-included rate (for the prices they charge you'd think they would, but no; and no, we don't mind going elsewhere for breakfast if it seems worthwhile).
We are probably gonna do the London (and Scotland) thing next year so I'm starting to contemplate a possible alternative hotel. I've read the TripAdvisor reviews (with the usual degree of objectivity required) and of course have heard about the small rooms, the dated furnishings, the "boring bar" as well as the accolades from those who have decided a place is worth it because, to quote one, "Well, it IS the Savoy after all."
We are not against taxis; we are not against The Tube; we are not against being somwhere there are tourists.
Perhaps this whole thing will end up being academic or rhetorical but if anyone has any suggestions/thoughts then I'm all ears and thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 2 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 3 9 day trip to France
- 4 Is my pup's dog food poisoning your ecosystem?
- 5 Moscow Hotels
- 6 Airport Transfer
- 7 Paris November 2017
- 8 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 9 2 week May trip with kids
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 New Years in France
- 12 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 13 Barcelona tour option help please
- 14 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 15 Easter Week in Italy
- 16 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 17 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 18 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 19 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 20 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 21 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 22 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 23 Which Aran Island??
- 24 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 25 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
London Hotel Walking Distance to Theatres-Suggestions Appreciated